Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Spider???

HEY! You've been lying to me all this time! I thought spiders were supposed to be "itsy bitsy" not HUGE and HAIRY!!!

Meet Harry. He resides in Vail at Granny and Papa's house. . .

Hannah shares her Grandpa's fascination with creepy crawly things. . .especially the giant ones you can put a saddle and ride around the back yard on, like Harry, here. Granny found him hiding outside the other day, and Hannah and Grandpa just HAD to get a closer look!

"Heeeeeeere Harry. C'mon boy! Come out and play! Don't be shy!"


I know this is what Hannah was thinking. . ."Can I pet him, Papa? Let's take Harry for a walk! Can we keep him? I promise to feed him, give him water, and play with him ALLLLL the time! Harry can sleep in my bed with me, too! PLEEEEAAAASE!?!?!? I know my mama will love him. She won't mind!"


*EEEEK! Apparently, Hannah does not know her mama very well. . .just the mere sight of these photos sends me running and screaming the other direction! Granny was kind enough to take these pictures. I don't have a zoom lens strong enough to capture an image of a spider from a block away, behind a very tightly closed door, while cowering under a blankie!! I don't care for spiders, thank you very much*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I am so with you, Terra... I would be standing behind you! There was a dead cicada on the deck and I wouldn't let Evie near it -- I was afraid she'd LOVE it and I'd have to take it away from her, therefore TOUCHING it!! NO WAY, JOSE!