Friday, September 5, 2008

Rub-a-dub-dub, an artist in the tub!

So, I bought the little peanut some cool tub crayons! They are adorable, too! They are made especially for toddlers and are in the shape of animals with a tip of a crayon sticking out the top of the animal's head. The idea is, it is easier to grasp since it is like holding a plastic toy instead of a thin wax stick. . .

So, I excitedly unwrapped the animal crayons, and Hannah was wide-eyed with anticipation! She couldn't wait to start her masterpiece!!! So, I thought anyway. So, I handed her the crayon buddy and she ran towards the bathtub with it. No problem, right? WRONG! I guess it must've felt like a really long trip and she decided to stop for a quick snack. . .biting the whole crayon off the tip of the animal. OOPS!!! She chewed on it for a minute, with the most awful expression on her face. Yet, she refused to open her mouth and spit it out. Finally, I convinced her to show me her tongue, and I took what was left of the yellow crayon out of her mouth. Yuck.

That's OK, there were still two more crayons for her to draw with! So, into the tub she went with all the crayons, including the poor yellow one that lost it's head, and she had a grand ol' time drawing on the walls of the tub :)

So, lets see. That means my kid has eaten a dog treat and a yellow crayon so far this week. . .a well balanced diet!

In case you are scratching your head about the dog treat--or gagging (MOM!), I will fill you in on that lovely adventure in my next excerpt--coming soon!!!





I wish they had cool tub toys like that when I was little! I only got to play with plastic spoons, cups, bowls, and washcloths. I was so deprived.
:)

No comments: