Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mama's ____rd Birthday!






I won't fill in the blank. Apparently, after age 30, you start keeping your age a secret! :)
On my mama's birthday (April 23rd), I wanted to make a cake for her! So granny got creative and let me help her ice a piece of wholewheat bread with Dove hot fudge, and then I put some candles in it! I had more fun licking all the hot fudge though. Yes, there was still some left on the bread by the time Mama got home from work.
We sang "Happy Birthday" and blew out the candles about a hundred times! (Mama, Daddy, and I had a REAL tiny cake to share--with more singing and candles, of course, for after Granny and Bopah left) It was so fun! I can't get enough of that song and seeing the candles all lit up and sparkly.

One of my new words that that week was "napkin" (napseen) :) Good thing, too! I needed a lot of them :) I am also trying to say Mississippi, Chicago, Illinois, and Boston! I got pretty close, too! (Oh, and despite what this video depicts, I DO usually eat with a FORK! I swear!)

See?  This is from last week, but at least it shows I know how to eat cake with utensils. . .and open REALLY wide to fit in as much cake as possible in every bite!  :)

No comments: