Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stairs!


If you ask me what one of my favorite things was to do on the trip, I'd have to answer climbing STAIRS! Oh goodness! What a wonderful invention! We had them in our suite in New Hampshire, and there were more on the concierge level in the hotel in Boston! SCORE! I was thrilled!

Ye who have stairs at your house probably think I am nuts. But apparently, my parents and grandparents can't afford such a luxury. Don't judge us! We have to rent rooms at hotels or visit other more fortunate relatives and friends in order to use stairs. So don't take your stairs for granted people! There are poor, deprived people out there in the world like ME who don't have stairs. *sniff* We need to put an end to this insanity! Little kids my age should not have to go without stairs! I am thinking of starting a telethon next year to raise money for people like us. . . I'll start taking donations now, though if you feel so inclined :) *wink wink*

So, I made the most of the time I had with these wonderful things called stairs. I made sure to go up and down every waking minute in both hotels. Not sure why my Mama was begging me to stop after hour 126 of stairs, stairs and more stairs!??! Perhaps she was just feeling bad knowing soon enough we would be going home and have no more stairs to climb for hours on end. It's enough to make anyone cry!

As much as she grumbled about it, Mama had some fun on the stairs too! OH! And I am supposed to tell you that her fanny is not really THAT big in the photo below! This photo is not very flattering. Whatever. . .I say the big bowl of clam chowder she ate at dinner the night before, and the Chicago hotdog and italian beef she snarfed down at the Chicago airport layover on the way here just *might* have a little something to do with it. She's in denial. But just humor her, OK? It's no fun to see her cry :)

Doing my morning work out. Stairs, stairs, and more stairs. . . before I have breakfast! I counted each and every one, almost every time! So it was a great learning tool, as well. There are 16 stairs to be exact. Thus, I can count to sixteen now! WOOHOO!

Just ONE more time? I swear this is my last time going up the stairs. . .until I come down and then have to go up again :)



After a lengthly rain dance in the sprinkler (in another blog to come), I topped off the evening with. . .you guessed it! MORE stairs!
Here I point out the "tricky" steps. (and at the end I try to imitate mama and put my "foot up" to climb onto the railing so I can slide down. Granny helps :) (it might sound like I say "shut up" but I am saying "foot up")

Stairs at the hotel in Boston! Just my luck!

No comments: