Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Inherited MeMah's Thumbs!

















My MeMah visited a few weeks ago, and we planted some tomatoes, parsley, oregano, spearmint, and chocolate mint! MeMah is my mommy's mama :)

My mommy says her thumb is black but MeMah's thumb is very green!. . .but their thumbs look normal to me?!? Not sure what that means exactly. All I know is my mom usually kills all the live plants in/outside the house. So she was nervous about planting with MeMah. Mama let me help MeMah, in hopes of tricking the poor unsuspecting plants into thinking they were in good hands (with green thumbs?)! Seems it worked. My MeMah plants are doing great, and we've been enjoying eating lots of yummy cherry tomatoes :) The tomatoes are so good, that word must've gotten out to the local chipper (a rascally chipmunk of sorts) and he has been trying to steal all the ripe tomatoes before we can pick them! But Mama got smart and left one pot of tomatoes on the ground for the chipper to snack on, and put the other pot on a table for us--safe out of the chippers grasp. Seems to be working so far. I enjoy watering my plants every night, looking for and picking the ripe tomatoes, and pinching the mint and chocolate mint leaves to smell their yummy scent :)

THANKS MEMAH!!! I am taking good care of our plants. I won't let mama's black thumbs near the plants in hopes that they will all still be alive the next time you come to visit us :)

Here's some videos of me helping MeMah plant, watering the plants in my own creative way with a piggy squirt toy, video of the 1st tomato we got to pick/save from the chipper, and a video of me finally getting to enjoy a tomato!

Enjoy :)






No comments: