Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

My daddy is the best :)

My daddy cuddles, reads me stories, goes on cat hunts with me (poor Howie!), chases me around outside, tells me stories, lets me ride on his cool new wheelchair and lets me honk the horn, spins me around, takes me to the movies, watches me play on the playground at the mall while mommy shops when I am tired of following her around, lets me ride on his lap when I am tired of walking, takes me to baseball games, watches basketball games on TV with me (and doesn't get too mad when I root for the wrong team!), takes me to the zoo, flies kites in the yard with me, plays catch with me, takes me to the beach and Disneyland, likes to hold my hand, dances with me, takes walks around the neighborhood with me, pushes me on my tricycle when I can't get up the driveway hill, sings "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" with me (no less than 100 times in a row), chases birds with me, draws and colors with me, swims with me, makes the best elephant noise, shares all kinds of music with me, sings with me, hugs me, makes me smile and giggle, and most of all he LOVES ME!

Not many daddies would be so happy when awoken early in the morning by his daughter asking "Daddy? You awake? Will you tell me stories, please?" But every time, he will sleepily oblige and without even opening his eyes, tell me a story or two or three :) And despite how tired he might be on any given day, most of the time his stories even make sense!

Thank you for being such an awesome dad! I love you, daddy!

Here's the past year with my daddy :) Enjoy!


You taught me how to dip my donuts! A VERY important skill. . .
we've spent many treasured hours reading in your recliner :)
You take me to baseball games, and make sure I always have a new hat and shirt to wear to our annual Boston Red Sox game!

We always buy the duckies in Boston some crackers so we can feed them together
You even share your toys with me! That Scooter doll was yours when you were little!
Hugs and kisses are always appreciated :)
We have fun being silly. . .
and some of us look sillier than others. . .
I love to hold your hand when we walk

You have an awesome sense of fashion, and are always willing to share it with me
too bad we don't look anything alike. . .especially when snoozing! And you don't mind sharing the bed with me a few hundred of my furry stuffed friends when we nap :)
I like to run around with you
I like helping you shave. . .
and you are always willing to share your shaving supplies with me so I can shave, too!
We like going to the zoo together. . .
and hanging out in the backyard, or any place we can spend time just the two of us is always a special time
When I am tired of walking, you are always willing to give me a ride :)




Running around on the driveway is always fun, too!

Silly Daddy :)


Here's a couple videos. . .

Think we should start a father-daughter band? We're both masters at playing the xylophone :) *ahem*


Here's daddy helping push me up the big hill on the driveway. My legs still aren't quite long enough to pedal my tricycle, especially up a big hill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! Daddy and Daughter are so blessed with one another...and you too Mama!