Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All things Christmasy :)

Yikes! It's almost Christmas! I was going to add more to this post, but then it may never be finished. . .so, here ya go!

I absolutely LOVE Christmas. Decorating the Christmas tree was so much fun this year! Hannah was such a good helper :)

Never mind that more than a dozen times we heard a crunch or a crash immediately followed by "Uh OH! Granny will have to fix that with her glue gun" and/or "It's o-tay, accidents happen, Mama. I just broke that." Tell that to the poor Santa who lost his head! Or the numerous animals/characters missing appendages. . .or the snowman who lost his face! I hope they are as forgiving as I am! But, I was not stressed about it. I was having fun! I fully expected to have a few casualties in the ornament department. No big deal :) What is important to me, is my daughter has fun and makes memories :) I simply saved the special ornaments for me to put on the tree. . .though thinking back on it now, that probably did not make much sense, as I am probably the clumsiest person in the family! But it worked out well this time.

Lets bow our heads for a moment of silence in honor of all the ornaments who sacrificed themselves this year in order to let a 3 year old feel important and decorate the tree her way. You will not be forgotten, guys! I hope! (Psssst! Granny? Get your glue gun charged up!)

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree. . .you have so many broken ornaments. . .
I love that she loves playing with the nativity set
She sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating, just like her daddy :)

Here's our bottom heavy Christmas tree! I think it is one of the most beautiful decorating jobs ever, because Hannah was such a huge part of it this year. I love that she even included non-ornaments, like the giant bow that usually dons one of the garage lights; and you can't see it in this photo, but there is a huge Winnie the Pooh Merry Christmas sign on the right side of the tree, that usually hangs on a wall! LOL But, Hannah had a vision, and I let her go with it! :)

We are enjoying making presents for people . . . we've been doing a lot of coloring and painting over the past few weeks--I hope she doesn't develop carpal tunnel syndrome!




Here's our make-shift mystery Christmas project! I had an empty kleenex box, and got the idea to have her decorate it! For what? I have no idea! Maybe a pretty centerpiece for Christmas dinner? Regardless of its lack of purpose, she loved decorating it! It is my favorite masterpiece, so far. . .whatever it is :)






VOILA! C'est fini!

Now, here is some Cute Hannah Christmas Randomness:

Two names I don't want to forget:
"Rumolph" the Red Nosed Reindeer
"Frosty-a-Deer" (a combo of Frosty the Snowman and a Reindeer?)


Hannah's version of the 12 Days of Christmas. I intentionally did not correct her, as it is much cuter to hear what she thinks the words are :)

So, apparently the "12 Days of Christmas" gifts have changed this year. . . perhaps with the recession, Hannah was unable to afford to follow the tradition, and came up with some other more economically friendly gifts! Here are the gifts, according to a 3 year old (and these are never sung in any particular order when sung alone. But she keeps them in order when she sings along with the Muppets Christmas CD)


1 Party in a Pantry (or sometimes Partage in a Bear Tree)


2 Turtle Ducks (products of an unlikely union. . .I wonder what their parents think of their relationship?)


3 Friend Jens


4 Ball of Birds


5 Hoo-ahh Freeeeee! bah-bum-bum-bummmmm


6 Piece of Legs


7 Foxes swimming


8 Mays a Milking


9 mee mee mee mee mee meeeee (Beeker's version wins every time!)


10 Lorz sleeping


11 Pipes a piping


12 Drummers Running


VIDEOS!!!

This is incredibly sweet, and cracks me up. . .

The Christmas Goat:

Singing "The 12 Days of Christmas":


Poor ornaments. . .
*PARENTAL WARNING* If your Christmas tree is within earshot, or any small breakable ornaments, the following video may not be suitable for them. Please use caution in viewing this video, as it depicts the sounds of poor unsuspecting ornaments crashing to the floor. . .their hopes and dreams crushed on the cold unforgiving tile. So, please. I urge you to use caution in viewing this last video, and be sensitive to your fellow decorations. One of the ornaments in this video could be their cousin!

No comments: