Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gobble Gobble!


Happy Thanksgiving!
I made turkey, too!

We made a turkey for Thanksgiving! Mama got this neat idea from another blog we follow, and thought it would be fun activity for us to try!






Mama needed a paper bag, and for some reason (I believe Daddy calls it "anal" whatever that means!) felt the need to turn it inside out. Apparently, it is not an easy task. She was muttering something under her breath, but I couldn't really make out the words? But, she was determined to create a turkey with a blank slate, and all our paper bags had writing and pictures on them.


Hmmm. A few boo boos. . .
So, turning the bag inside out caused a few boo boos. Don't worry, I was able to think of something to fix it! I quickly doctored up my turkey, and he was ready to be decorated!


*Mama's note: Did you really think we'd get away with doing a project that didn't include band-aids?
Oops! Another boo boo? That's OK! I got it covered :)
A band-aid here, a band-aid there. . .

We stuffed the turkey with holiday spirit. . .Toys R'Us ads, Target ads, grocery store sales ads. . .Uh oh! Should we be concerned that my paper turkey is stuffed with a flyer of another turkey? That seems wrong. (not sure why it is deciding to underline everything here?)
My turkey was bald. So, Mama cut out some feathers and then asked me to name some things I am thankful for :) What is thankful? Things that are special to me! Well, that's easy! Mama had a HUGE grin on her face, anticipating what the first thing (person!) might be. . .wait for it. . .I said COOKIES! Of course, the very first thing that comes to mind is cookies. I am so very thankful for those. They taste good and are made with sugar! She needed more. Again, she smiled big and batted her eyelashes at me (what is her problem, anyway? was it her contacts?), anticipating my next answer. . .wait for it. . .PRESENTS! Of course! Who isn't thankful for pretty packages with surprises in them! I sure am! Mama continued to grill me for answers. . .Next was a REALLY important thing. So important, that I got really excited when I blurted it out. . .wait for it. . .TOOTS! Yes! Of course. Toots. My very favorite topic at the moment. I love toots! (Why is Mama trying not to laugh?)


*Mama's note: Um. Let's just pretend "Toots" is a person or a favorite doll. . .or, if you don't do well with pretending, lets just call it an example of being thankful for things that make us feel better ;) Lucky for all of us eating at the dinner table on Thursday, I "forgot" to write another "special thing" that came after the toots. You don't want to know. Really.


Anyway, I topped off my list with silly little things like Mama & Daddy (finally, Mama's weird grinning and eye twitching problem stopped after I said this one); Granny & Papa; Woody; Friends; and Sleeping Beauty.


I glued the words onto some of the feathers and glued the feathers on the bird!

The glue stick looked like chap stick. . .that's a mistake I will only make once. Ick.








Next, we made the turkey a face. . .

Poor turkey. His gobbler is a bit LARGE! We're keeping an eye on it. Mama thinks it might be infected!?!? I am sure a band-aid will fix it if we don't see any improvement over the next 24 to 48 hours!

Mama stapled his face and gobbler for me followed by a short discussion about NOT stapling anything to my face or any other body part. Duh! I am not a paper turkey! So why would I staple my face? Sheesh, I swear, sometimes my Mama acts a little nuts! Besides, my preferred mode of attachment is band-aids!
Hmmm, how would Howie look with a gobbler? Fabulous! Mama didn't say anything about not stapling things to the cat!?!?! Oh well, a project for another day.
VOILA! My turkey's complete!
He is pretty, isn't he? Regardless of his gobbler deformity, I still love him :)
I was pleased to see that turkey made friends at Granny and Papa's house on Thanksgiving :)
Here he is sitting pretty on the dinner table! He did a good job :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If anyone would like me to make them a special centerpiece for their table next year, let me know!

2 comments:

Callie Feyen said...

So adorable! Our turkeys should meet sometime! :)

Jamie said...

Super cute! You two are so crafty! I can't wait to do stuff like that with Eden!