Friday, March 18, 2011

Snow!!! In the desert! Can you believe it???

We woke up to a blanket of snow one glorious Sunday morning in February. . .or was it the end of January? Oh, who knows! I forget already! All I know is, we don't usually get to see snow here unless we drive 5 hours north! So, we were pretty excited! Hmmmm. . .I am sensing some tension growing from my lovely friends and family in the Midwest and East Coast right now? Can't imagine why? (not like they got a lot of snow this year or anything???) So, I will proceed with caution. . .

Hannah peeked out the window and screamed "IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!"
Bless her excited little heart :) It made me a little sad to disappoint her, and tell her it was not Christmas, but I made a point to tell her it sure was a nice treat :) And it was a wonderful excuse to break out her winter snow gear! After all, the only place we got to use it so far was the White Mountains. Score one for mama's wallet! It was really too warm for ALL of her gear, so as time went on, she started peeling layers off. I don't blame her. But, she looked really cute in it. I guess I learned she is not willing to suffer for fashion when it comes to sweating. Oh well.


The snow only lasted a matter of hours, which is ideal, really. No shoveling. No salt needed for the driveway. No hassle! But, it was just enough for Hannah to play in it for a whole hour, building a snowman (who was more Smuf-like in stature versus a "man," but OK), making snow angels, throwing snow at me, and cleaning it off her swingset. . .then she declared it was hot cocoa time. I won't argue with that! She is wise beyond her years. . .and she takes after me :) About 2 hours past hot-cocoa-time, the snow was only a memory. . .
Thanks Mother Nature :)


Here's some "cool" pictures to prove I am not lying!
I think black and white gives the illusion that it is colder outside than it really was ;)

It looks like someone spilled a GIANT bag of powdered sugar all over the yard



Don't feel bad for poor Woody! No hat. No mittens. No coat. You think he would've gotten frostbite, but all those band-aids turned out to be great insulators! He did not complain once!



Here's Woody the snowman
He has a baby carrot for a nose and goldfish crackers for eyes :)


Mmmmm. . .hot cocoa

No comments: