Monday, June 27, 2011

Sun Baked, Sweet & Crunchy :)

Look at my little beach beauty in San Diego!  


So stylish!  I couldn't resist buying Hannah an attractive sun hat, and at $2.50, it was a steal!  She had to fight her daddy for it. . .he wanted one just like it.  I'd show you the hat he ended up buying at the beach instead. . .because, it was. . .um. . .interesting!  But, if I put a picture of it in the blog, it will only encourage him to buy more hideous (yet, arguably practical?) accessories in the future.  I need to discourage that.  So, let's just say, it definitely did the job keeping the sun (and any possible secret admirers) FAR AWAY!!!  :)




It was a typical, lovely day playing at the beach.  Then, someone brought ice cream into the equation. . .

"What?  Did I get some on my face?"

Mmmmmm. . .

Hannah was thoroughly enjoying her gigantic sweet treat, the evidence dripping down her chin and all over her stomach, arms, and legs. . . moments later, I found myself holding the soggy, dripping cone while Hannah bolted to the sand to "wash" herself off.  There was a small puddle of ice cream where she once stood, and the seagulls were all eyeing her sticky mess.  Not sure what went through her mind, but apparently, Hannah believed covering herself in sand, would be better than being covered in sticky sweet ice cream???  I wish I had my video camera ready to capture the initial dive into the sand. . .she dove in head first, like it was a pool and proceeded to roll back and forth and back and forth, until every bit of her ice cream drenched body, was covered in a layer of sand. . .she seemed satisfied with her new crunchy skin!  It took a lot of coaxing to get her to walk down to the water with me to wash it off.  
Silly kid.

No comments: