Wednesday, July 9, 2008

javalinas

OK, this is not Hannah related at all. But I must share anyway!



For anyone who doesn't live in Tucson, you've probably heard me mention the javalinas in the natural area behind/on the side of our house and wondered what I was talking about! (the "j" is pronounced like an "h"(hav-a-leen-a)) The best way to describe them, is they are like "big, hairy, wild pigs." They are about the size of large dogs with tiny little legs and barrel bodies. You all probably thought I was crazy! So, it is much better to SEE them for yourself.



The other day Matt, Hannah and I were getting ready to go swimming. On my way to the pool, I heard rustling in the bushes on the other side of our fence. Upon closer inspection, I saw some javalinas!!! Usually I don't see or hear them until it is really dark outside and I can't get a good photo of them. So I took advantage of the opportunity and snapped a few photos then took a short video for your viewing pleasure.



Apparently, they are fans of Motley Crue since they showed up shortly after I turned on Matt's iPod to listen to while we were swimming--you can kind of hear it playing in the background of the video. I wonder what other 80's bands they might like? Do you think they use Aquanet hairspray on that spikey hair-do they have on their heads?



If you think they are cute at all. Don't let that fool you into thinking you'd want them around more often. They are STINKY!!!!

Good thing these photos are not "scratch and sniff!"












No comments: