Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! What a fun evening :) Matt and I got off work early and drove out to Matt's parent's house to pick up Hannah to take her trick-or-treating at Matt's grandparents' house. They live a few minutes from Matt's parents' house, so after we hung out there for a while we went back to his parents' house for dinner.

Hannah had a ball answering the door at great grandma's house and watching me hand out candy. Every time the doorbell rang, she would yell "OOOOOOOOH!" and start hopping with excitement, and run over to the chair that housed the beloved candy bowl near the door. She liked seeing all the kids in costumes. . .but she was a bit weary of me handing out the precious candy! Every time I'd grab some from the bowl and put it in a kid's bag, she start yelling "Aaaahhh!!!!!" Like I was giving away her most prized possession EVER! It was so hilarious! She hadn't eaten any candy (yet, anyway! more on THAT craziness later) so she didn't even know what we were giving away! But she liked all the pretty colors, sizes, shapes, and crinkles of all the different candy wrappers. So apparently, she thought we were giving away all her toys or something. Poor kid. But despite the alleged horror of seeing me give away HER candy each time we opened the door, she was super excited to answer it the next time the bell rang! So, either she has a REALLY short memory, or she was not as horrified at the loss of the precious candy as she appeared to be. . .We'll probably find out the answer to that in about 15 years and $30,000 in therapy sessions from now.

I'll be sure to keep you posted on that.

OK, here's what you REALLY came in here for. . .Who am I kidding? Nobody actually reads this thing, you all skip right to the photos, don't you? :) Thought so!



Lil' Miss Pumpkin head in her festive day clothes. . .she saved the best for last (well, later today anyway) !


CHEESE!!!
No seriously mom, I want some cheese! I'm not smiling for your camera! Sheesh!





Can we go trick-or-treating NOW???
Ummm, no my little eager pumpkin! It is only 6:00am!!!


HEY! You better gimme candy, or ELSE!!!


Our cute lil' bug :)
It is a dragonfly costume, for those of you who might be thinking it is a butterly (we got that a lot last night) I eventually gave up saying what it was if someone asked, and just said she is a bug :) I got weird looks whenever I said dragonfly. . .whatever! She looked cute, and that's all that matters! :)
Oh, there was ONE very smart lady who trick-or-treated at great granny's house, and when I opened the door, she knew right away that Hannah was a dragonfly! I was very impressed :) Her little boy was dressed as Buzz Lightyear, complete with lights that flash and everything! Hannah was really impressed. She likes a man in uniform :) But alas, he didn't ask for her number. I guess candy was enough for him, and he was not looking to be tied down by a relationship right now. . . I suppose it is for the better, I've heard those astronaut guys can be kind of spacey!


Trick-or-treating at great grandma and great grandpa Dwyer's house :) Great grandpa looks sooooo surprised to see her!!! ha ha But something tells me they knew Hannah was coming ;)

"tee tee!!!!" (trick or treat)
OK people, you see this bucket? This is where you deposit the CANDY! Mommy keeps saying that the things that get put in here are "crinkle toys" but I am no dummy! I've seen her open those crinkley things and eat whatever is inside! I know it is CANDY!



Hannah had a blast in great granny's backyard, rearranging their pebbles! Each little pebble she found on the patio had to be strategically placed back with the other millions of pebbles surrounding the patio. Not sure what her method was, but it was probably something very scientific, I am sure! And since science and math were never my strong suit, I just enjoyed watching her be cute :)

Signing for "more" rocks after she had cleared every last stray rock off the whole back patio :)


Ummmm. . .Ok, WHO GAVE THE BABY CHOCOLATE!?!?!? :o
Yep, that would be her great granny. GEE. THANKS! Glad it was at YOUR house and not mine :) It was only a tiny Hershey, but Hannah held onto to a piece of it for a while, and then was quite surprised to see it had changed shape and was melted all over her hand when she remembered it was there. . .not to worry, she did a pretty good job licking it off!

Trick or treat! (later at granny and Bopbop's house)

This scary skeleton dude scared the crap out of me when we arrived at Matt's parent's house because it has a motion sensor and yells "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!" and "HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?!" Hannah was not even phased by it. . .but apparently she thought he looked hungry. . .he is a skeleton, afterall. . .he COULD use some meat on his boney head! So she offered him some of "her" (read MOMMY'S!!!) candy :p

2 comments:

Chris, Kristen and Reese said...

She is the cutest dragonfly EVER!!! Love her costume.

Katie Eaton Photography said...

How cute is that costume!!