Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Infirmary

Well, the truckload of band-aids I ordered arrived!  (Mama's credit card comes in really handy sometimes.  Shhhhh!  Don't tell her it was me!  I don't think she suspects anything yet. . .)  The bandages arrived just in time for the grand opening of my infirmary.  I had lots of patients in need of care :)   I love all my patients, big and small; furry and not; blue, brown, green, pink, etc.  

But first I had to try out some myself to make sure the band-aids were acceptable to give to my patients.  I was quite pleased!

Mama took some photos and she wants to share them with you:

This photo was taken just moments before hurricane Hannah swept through and toppled this architectural masterpiece constructed of boxes of Sesame Street Bandages!  
*notice the little hand reaching for them?  She couldn't even wait 2 seconds for me to take a photo.  She wanted the Sesame Street bandages NOW!!!*

Here's what she did with box#1:
Here's a handful of Hannah's 1st patients:

Poor Grover was involved in freak banana peel slip and fall accident, and required the most care.  But lucky for him, he has Dr. Hannah taking care of him :)  Thanks to Hannah's loving care, he is feeling much better now and will be as good as new in no time!  In fact, I'm happy to report that Grover was well enough to join us on a trip to the grocery store over the weekend.  He should be able to go back to Sesame Street very soon.


Checking Grover's heart. . .apparently blue monsters' hearts are in their knees.  Who knew?  Thank goodness Hannah knew that, and knew where to listen.  Fun fact, eh?  Feel free to use it in your next dinner conversation or trivia game!
Taking Mr. Bear's blood pressure.  He needs to cut down on stress and salty beef jerky and potato "beeps" (in the upcoming blog entry, you will learn that "beeps" are chips)!  His blood pressure is a bit high, and much to Hannah's dismay, that is one ailment not cured with bandages. . .


Dolly's heart sounds good!   She is recovering from a watermelonseedectomy!   (a minor procedure performed before a watermelon begins to grow in your tummy after swallowing a seed!)

Moo is ready to return home after a freak nose picking accident.  A bandage did the trick, and she should be back to normal in about 4 days.  
Here Hannah is giving her some good advice. . .
"You can pick your friends.  You can pick your nose.  But you CAN'T pick your friend's nose!"  


**Daddy hopes that Hannah's fascination with band-aids and covering her limbs in these colorful decorations doesn't mean that she will want to be covered in tattoos when she is older!!!  We're hoping if we indulge her band-aid interest now, that the novelty will eventually wear off and she will not want to decorate her body with tattoos later**

1 comment:

Callie said...

Hilarious! My girls are the exact same way. I don't know why I buy toys when clearly Band-Aids do just fine! :)