Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seagulls love Fatburger. . .and I love the beach!


A fun day on the beach in San Diego :)







I love looking for shells and lucky glass (but we didn't find any lucky glass on this trip)






I love the sand





I LOVE the waves and water, no matter how chilly it is on my piggies





Did you know that seagulls love Fatburger cheeseburgers and iced tea!?!?
Who knew? Well, I certainly did not know. . .or I would have never left our lunch unattanded in favor of dipping our toes in the ocean :) Those sneaky little birds stole our lunch! We only had a couple bites each, before we ran down to the water, anticipating our lunch would be safe on the beach towel. . .wrapped tight in the paper bag. I guess we learned our lesson! Seagulls devoured our burgers and fries, then washed them down with some iced tea.
Next time you go to the beach with your lunch, remember. . .
Don't bother putting the straw in the cup. They will just yank it out, toss it aside, and jam their beaks into the lid and slurp it up! And in case you were worried the birds' lack of posable thumbs would deter them from being able to unwrap the cheeseburger, think again! In some sort of freakish beakish bird way, they tear through the bag and paper and gobble up the cheeseburgers, ketchup and all! Teaching them to use napkins and to clean up after themselves is going to be really difficult. . .so don't bother. But it was a very useful tool in figuring out which bird ate our lunch! One of the birds had huge blobs of ketchup all over her beak, and the other had the wrapper in his mouth. :) The one who drank our iced tea is still at large. . .

The scene of the crime. . .
BUSTED!!! Mr. Seagull, with the burger wrapper in his mouth, and Mrs. Seagull with blobs of ketchup on her beak (though it's too hard to see it in this photo)!

I can eat a snow cone as big as my head (with a little help from the parents and sharing some with the sidewalk)



No comments: