Sunday, October 31, 2010

Meow or Treat!















When Hannah woke up this morning, she asked me (her eyes barely even open yet): "Is it Halloween this morning?"
Me: "Yes!"
She immediately perked up and jumped out of bed. . .
Hannah: "What did the sun dress up as?"
So sweet! In her little mind, she thought everybody and everything was going to dress up for Halloween :) Wouldn't that be cool?

The awesome parents that we are, we tried to convince her that Howie dressed up as Koda, and Koda dressed as Howie, but she didn't buy it. She is too smart! She asked me what my costume was, and I told her I didn't have one. I told her to think of something I could dress up as and she barely hesitated before telling me I should be a DOOFUS or a TOOTER! Hmmmm. . .that shouldn't be too hard! I would just have to raid Matt's side of the closet!!! :p LOL But, by the time she sat down for a wholesome healthy breakfast of Boo Berry Crunch (sorry mom!) she was fine with me just dressing up as "the best mommy ever" ;) No cape needed.

She patiently waited for trick or treat time. . .filling her time and belly with candy we already had in the house. . .

When it was time to trick or treat, she was asking what the moon dressed up as? Since there was NO moon out, I told her the moon dressed up as the dark sky. :)

We stopped by Granny and Papa's house first, where she was loaded down with candy and cookies. . .and of course, a new pair of knee-high princess socks. Huh? Well, doesn't everyone get cool knee-high socks for Halloween? Hmmmm. Well, she LOVED them and I think they are adorable! You guys are missing out. . .

I'm so proud of my baby! She was such a cute, polite little trick or treater :) She made sure to only take ONE piece of candy when offered the candy bowl, even though I am certain she wanted more (lucky for her the people always told her she could take another piece); and she always said thank you!


We only went to a couple of houses in the neighborhood. The houses are spread really far apart by our house since everyone's lots are on an acre or more. But it was just enough to let her experience Halloween and beg for candy! :) After every house she would ask "Are they coming to our house now???" And when we got home, she had fun handing out candy to the kids, but every time I shut the door, she'd ask "Why didn't they come in?" or "Why didn't they want to stay and play with me?" Awwww.


No comments: