Tuesday, May 20, 2008

For the LOVE of french fries




Well, I am officially one of those parents who feeds her kid french fries :) What can I say! The kid loves them! Despite my efforts to feed her mostly organic HEALTHY foods. . .french fries snuck into the menu. It was bound to happen eventually! We ordered her a kids grilled (not fried) chicken n'cheese meal at a restaurant on Saturday, and it came with fries. That is when we discovered she is a true fan. We tried once before and she barely nibbled. . .
So fastforward to today. Today was Hannah's 12 month well baby visit at the doctor's office and she had to get a shot :( (we are doing a delayed vax schedule--in case anyone is interested) Fuddruckers is near the pediatrician's office, so I stopped there to get Matt and I dinner for later. YUMMY! Anyone who knows us, knows we love Fudd's burgers. We haven't had it in quite a while, so it seemed like a fabulous idea! Plus, now I don't have to cook.


Anyway, when I got home, I gave Hannah a couple fries. She was quite happy :) I guess she's forgotten all about the awful experience at the doctor's office. Poor kid! I think she is finally wised up to what goes on there! This is the 1st time she flipped out and her head spun around at 80 miles an hour just from getting her undressed to be measured and weighed by the nurse! She hadn't even brought in the needle yet! YIKES! I felt awful for her. The pediatrician came in and brought Hannah some bubbles. SCORE! That was the trick! Watching the doc blow bubbles while she examined her was MUCH easier. Bubbles didn't keep the tears at bay when the nurse came back with the shot and injected it into her little thigh though :( Oh well.

I forgot to give her 12 month stats!

Her weight is in the 25th percentile--19lbs 4oz
height was in the 10th-25th precentile range--28 inches
and last but not least. . .her head was off the charts at ABOVE the 95th percentile. (I forgot what the circumfrence was; 48.5, I think?) Poor little lollipop headed girl. She takes after her daddy. He has a huge noggin too. She must be growing a huge brain in there :) That's certainly not a bad thing!


No comments: