Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Magical Night at the Zoo (no bird poop this time)


5 more cookies, please!

Hey, Mr. Polar Bear, would you like some of my cookie? It's really yummy!!!







While mama was looking at the camera, I tried to hop the fence to get to Santa! (he was sitting down below) Why wait in line?
Of course out of the hundreds of trees scattered all over the zoo, I found a tree made just for me! A "der-dell" tree! A small consolation since the real turtles were sleeping and mommy said we couldn't wake them up to play :(



This was the biggest snowglobe I'd ever seen! I wanted to sit and watch it forever :) I asked mommy for one, but she says we don'[t have room for it at our house. Hmmm. I've seen at least ONE room that we never use! We can get rid of all of daddy's toys and sports stuff, and put it in the office!




Listening to the band play


Look! Daddy has Christmas antlers!




We had a WONDERFUL time at the Reid Park Zoo--Zoo Lights celebration 2 weeks ago:) It was members only night and it was FREE! There were beautiful lights, decorations, live music (an amazing steel drum band, a high school choral group, and a women's quartet), a snow machine, free cookies and hot cocoa, Santa, and lots of fun! :) All of the animals were snug in their beds, but the Polar Bear was still out and swimming. . .guess he didn't want to miss the party! Hannah had a blast :) She danced up a storm as we sat and listened to the steel drum band play Christmas carols. She really knows how to groove and shake her booty! (see videos at the end of this post--sorry they are so dark, but hey, it was nighttime! I can't help it) Lots of people passed by and commented on how cute her dancing was.



Hannah loved all the lights, ooooo-ing and aaaaahhhh-ing at most of them, she loved the free cookies (big surprise, huh?), and even offered a bite of her precious cookie to the blow-up polar bear! It was funny. I tried to take her to sit on Santa's lap. . .but that didn't work out too well. She didn't cry, but she made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with the jolly man with the white beard, despite acting really excited about seeing him as we waited in line. I wasn't disappointed though. I fully expected her to not want to sit with him and I was just relieved she didn't cry or seem traumatized by the experience :)



Oh, and while we were there, we took daddy by the scene of the crime, where that naughty bird pooped on Hannah's head a couple days earlier! As I pointed out the spot where we were standing on that fateful morning, Hannah was enthusiastically patting her head to show daddy where that birdie did his business. . .


Here's some videos of Hannah dancing--they are dark, but still adorable!










1 comment:

ThomasFunnyFarm said...

I vote with Hannah to put the snow globe in the house. But hey, if you put it outside, we can enjoy it too.

Cute pics.

jt