Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baking Christmas Bubbas!!!

MMMMM, BUBBAS!!!

This Christmas was the first time mommy let me help her bake bubbas :) I guess you people call them COOKIES! Po-tate-o Po-tah-to. . .whatever! WOW! What fun that was! I especially enjoyed the messy flour, flinging the butter batter everywhere, and feeding clumps of butter to the kitty (Howie) who stayed closeby to oversee our baking project. Mom said we really should've made Howie wear a fur net. . .anyone know where we might be able to find a whole body hair net that would fit a tubby kitty??? But since he didn't have one in his size, he was banned from helping, despite his presence in the photos. . .(he wears an extra large with extra room in the middle for his big belly and a long tail--so if you see one someday, pick it up for us and we'll reimburse you!)


So anyway, mommy put a plastic tablecloth on the floor in the kitchen so I could do my own thing and not worry about a mess. Actually, I was very good and didn't spill too much flour. I was more interested in the gooey batter, and rearranging the dough on the cookie sheets after mommy tried to lay them down nicely. I don't understand what all the hype is about! Straight lines, perfectly rounded dough balls, and Christmas tree shapes? Nah! I prefer squiggles and blobs! The more squiggly and more blobby, the better!!!


I thought the cookie dough tasted delicious raw out of the bowl, but mommy insisted on baking it all anyway. Sheesh! Party pooper! But, I must admit that I was plesantly surprised to find out that baking the dough makes it taste good too! So I have to give her a *little* credit I suppose.


I think we will have to do this more often. I am going to request we bake chocolate chip cookies next time:)


I will let you all know when we make more so you can put your orders in! Just let us know if you want the squiggles? or the blobs? Oh, and if you find a cat hair or two in your cookies, don't look at me! Howie just can't seem to keep his paws off the cookies! I swear he is really part dog. I don't know any other cat who eats cookies!?!?! Our dog on the other hand was hiding under the bed during all the fun. She was scared of the bag of flour. . .yes, our dog is part chicken. What can I say? We seem to attract the strangest cross breeds of animals in this house!











**Mommy wants me to tell you to please stay tuned! There are many more posts coming very soon! She is working hard to catch up after the holidays :) I keep her and her camera VERY busy, you know! So come back soon!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah Glenn,
You make the bestest cookies ever! BopBop ate every one. We saved the tin for you and Mama so you can refill it for us when you do your chocolate chip project! Yummy!
xox BopBop and Granny

Chris, Kristen and Reese said...

You are a fun mom actually letting Hannah play with the dough! We made cookies but I only allowed the frosting to be played with...Next time I'll use your trick of the tablecloth!