Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Family Day

On the last day of January, we took daddy's grandma (my great granny) to the zoo! I warned her she should wear a hat (cuz' of the doodoo birds and all) and she reluctantly obliged. I think she looked cute! Anyway, so mommy brought my stroller, but I didn't last long in there, and it soon became a luxury ride for mommy's and great granny's purses, as well as a few snacks! I behaved very well and didn't wander too far from everyone. In fact, I like to walk holding my daddy's hand, or great granny's hand :) I had so much fun showing great granny around since she had never been there before.
We enjoyed seeing the lion, giraffes, zebras, elephants, polar bear, turtles, and ducks.

We only took great granny through about 1/2 of the zoo so we wouldn't wear her out, and after we got to the car she exclaimed "That place is HUGE!" ha ha. Good thing we didn't drag her through the whole zoo! Actually, I would've been happy to push her in my stroller if she wanted to see more :) I love pushing my stroller!
We had fun watching all the animals play, and we even fed the turtles some yummy leaves! I like to watch them eat. Watching them eat made me hungry, so I started munching on some animal crackers. Hmmmmm, I hope those weren't REAL animals that I was eating! YIKES! Anyway, I dropped one, and was going to eat it! But great granny wouldn't let me. . .instead she threw it to the turtle to see if he would eat it! OOPS! Nobody saw that, right? Nope. Good :) It'll be between the turtles and us. . .no harm done :) The turtle didn't eat it anyway. They like to eat plants, so I guess he was not interested in the animal cracker. . .I think it was a lion!

After the zoo we went to lunch at Claim Jumper, then we took great granny home, and headed to my granny and grandpa's house. We had lots of fun playing outside. It was a beautiful day!

Hurry up great granny! The ducks are over this way!



walking and holding daddy's hand (so he wouldn't get lost or wander off. . .you really gotta watch that guy!)







I love my great granny :)



Fun in granny and Bopbop's backyard :)

I carried this 1/2 ton kitty around everywhere! He was really heavy, but so cute :)






The grass is eating me alive!

Farmer John. . .er. . .ummm. . .Bopbop cleaning up the yard! Don't you just LOVE his hat? Maybe we should call him Farmer JANE instead :) hee hee

HEY! Cleo is stealing my bench! She thinks she is tiny and can fit anywhere. . .typical Golden Retriever mentality :)

Oh, Granny! You are so silly!

Now Cleo is trying to sit next to Mommy!


OH! I think this family portrait is a keeper! I think we should use this for next year's Christmas Photo! What do you think?



No comments: