Friday, July 31, 2009

Photographer

I have taken up photography! I've been begging mama to play with her camera forever!!! But she rarely let me. Something about money and breaking it, and other nonsense. I'm careful! I only drop important expensive fragile stuff 1/2 the time, not ALL the time! Sheesh! And so what if I put my fingers on the lens! Fingerprints would make nice blur effect on all the photos! It is an artistic accent. So after nicely asking (*cough* BEGGING*) for the millionth time, momma was nice enough to find her old digital camera and gave it to me to play with instead! HA HA! I WON! YAY!!!

HEY! I WANT TO TAKE PICTURES MOM! Gimme the camera, PLEASE!!!


I love running around taking photos of all my favorite things. Mommy says I need to work on my aim a bit. . .apparently, she does not appreciate the fine ART of endless photos of the ceiling, floor, and walls! How does SHE know that I didn't mean to take those pictures like that? Sheesh! But I do manage to get some pretty cool shots in there in the midst of all the ceiling and wall shots :)

See for yourself :) I've prepared my first photography art show and you are all invited! Come on in! You will get an in depth look at my art with full narration from me! All for free.


Let me begin by showing you this photo of my friends' turtles (we are feeding them for a week! YAY!) to illustrate something VERY important. Note, Mommy helped me take this boring photo. What fun is it when you can actually SEE the thing you want to depict? I prefer photos like the other ones below. Ones like this are a dime a dozen. . .thanks anyway, mom!



Now THIS beauty is more like it! Here's my photo of the turtles as they ate their salad. . .so, yeah. . .I realize you can't actually SEE the turtles. But would it really be considered ART if I spelled it all out for you and SHOWED you what I was looking at? NO! You are supposed to look at this brick wall and open gate (ceiling for the turtle habitat) and FEEL the presence of the turtles and "salad" C'mon try it. FEEL the turtles. Can you sense them from this photo? Take a deep breath in. I bet you can practically smell the lettuce my photographic depiction of them is so POWERFUL! Right? Thought so!



Moving on. . .

Any "booders" (boogers) in there? Nope? OK, good. (see? photography is also very useful for accomplishing every day life activities like making sure you don't have any booders in your nose!) Cameras are not just for art after all!

This is "doorway"-- another profound depiction of something from every day life. We all pass through doors all the time (and sometimes I run into them when I am not paying attention). But have you ever stopped to take a photo of one? You never know. Doors could be outlawed someday, and you might not remember what one looks like! I've preserved this particular door in my photo archives, just in case. I'll be able to show it to my kids someday and feel so proud.

Here's "My Leg and Foot on Takoda's Leg"--another artistic depiction. This one represents our close bond. One furry creature; one human. Friends meeting each other, for this brief moment before the dog runneth away to chase a ball. Beautiful. Just beautiful, isn't it?

"Mama's Turkey Leg in Green Pajama Pants"--notice how the colors contrast so well with her pasty white skin? I am very proud of this photo. I think it is one of my best.

'Nother "booder"check intermission! Still clear? OK. Onward to more of my art show. . .
"Takoda Under Daddy's Recliner Foot Rest" I also like to call this one: "Man vs. recliner vs. beast" Based on this photo, who do you think would win in a battle between the three? I say the recliner. It is electric! Takoda is just plain dopey, and daddy was sleeping. It is a no brainer.


"Sparkle" My lips and my beautiful, stylish necklaces (picture is taken upside down for more artistic value) Notice how the necklaces sparkle? I had to adjust the lighting in the room for that effect. It took me hours to get this one just right. Another favorite!


"Books" Here I am peeking through my fingers at the bookcase. This is representative of my newly developing reading skills. It depicts my very small sense of the world of reading, based mostly on board books at this point, and how over time, my blinders (fingers) will be lifted away and I will be able to enjoy the WHOLE world of books and reading! It is my beautiful depiction of how I am but a mere infant in this world of books. But over time, I will develop my skills and I will be able to see the WHOLE bookcase.


This one I call "Part of My Dinner"--to some this may just be a photo of a cup full of blueberries and peaches. YUM! But, this photo was taken closeup and out of focus to add extra effect. The blurriness is an artistic representation of the sweet aroma of the fruit that entices the senses and makes you want to gobble them all up! (which I did, shortly after taking this photo)


I call this one "living room" -- a piece that took a lot of time and thought. It is a depiction of one part of my living room as seen through my eyes (standing on my very short legs) Profound, isn't it? If you find you need to catch your breath after seeing this photo. Go ahead. I know needed to! Powerful stuff.

This one is called "Why Did Mama Put Those Up There?"--for some reason mom put those pots WAY up there by the ceiling. . .not sure why. How am, I supposed to hide toys and mom's car keys in them if they are so high up by the ceiling? So, anyway, I took a picture so you could see what kind of time my mom wastes putting my potential hiding places out of my reach! They certainly don't have any decorative value sitting way up there. Mom knows nothing about art and decorating. I need to give her a few lessons.



Here's "The Hutch" filled with photos instead of dishes of course! Because we eat off of picture frames in this family. . . everybody's "plate" is unique! Just kidding. My mom just really likes her family and likes to put photos everywhere. Dishes are all safe in cabinets. . .out of my reach. Oh, and I am sure all of my masterpieces shown in this blog entry will soon replace all those photos of people on that hutch. After all, all these photos are just too good to keep on the computer!

"Kitty On a Hot Pink Roof!" One of my earlier pieces. . .clearly I was still an amateur.
Hmmmm. Are you SURE there aren't any "booders" in there???


Lovely. My mama is such a dork! (daddy says most of you probably know that already)


This is representative of a LOT of photos I took of the walls/ceiling :) Not sure exactly what I was going for in this photo. . .another one of my earlier pieces from before I had perfected my skills.


Mama's so silly! I call this one: "train track head" This was a very daring photo shoot! At any moment the Hannah Express Train could have come by and bonked my mom on the head! Once we realized the danger, we had to stop the photo shoot until I could devise a way to take the photo without putting her in danger! So, I learned another artistic method photography skill. Illusions! Her head is not really ON the tracks, it just looks that way.

Well, there you have it. My latest and greatest photos! Hope you enjoyed my show! I have reprints of many of my originals available for sale, if anyone would like to take some of these treasures home with them and be able to enjoy them for years to come!


I set up a paypal account, and accept all major credit cards. Personal checks accepted with appropriate ID only, please. I also take alternative forms of payment, including cookies, candy, and cheesies. :)


Thank you very much! See you next time!

3 comments:

Granny said...

I am laughing...her pleading little face in the first photo is the exact same face she had when she was pleading to go on "just one more" ride at the Foothills Mall tuesday. It breaks our hearts and it's sooooo hard not to give in "one more time".
Papa and Granny

Unknown said...

Hannah, your photos are beautiful!! You were even wearing the same dress Evie wore this weekend (yes, Terra... the 2nd dress she owns :) )

Next time you're in Illinois, send Evie an email and we'll arrange a photo shoot -- we pay in Hershey Kisses :)

corinne said...

this is great! hooray for the budding photographer!

lilah loves to take pictures too... her subjects are typically the dog or her cup of milk. hehe... seeing the world through their eyes.