Thursday, August 21, 2008

Panhandling for milk money. . .

Well, it is no wonder my poor starving child is only in the 10th percentile for weight (20lbs 4oz) at 15 months! (She looks emaciated, doesn't she?) Well, apparently it is due to my neglect in making sure she is properly fed while I am at work and she is babysitting her grandma and grandpa :)


Did you ever have one of those days? You know, where you do something that throws you out of your normal morning routine, and then everything gets thrown off and you end up doing dumb stuff that should be second nature because you usually do it correctly every other morning??? Like you are running late b/c you broke something, and so you are not paying attention and end up putting on two different shoes, you forget your lunch, or what have you. Apparently breaking a glass salt shaker and making a HUGE mess requiring sweeping and vacuuming while trying to make breakfast and get everybody ready for the day means mommy forgets to pack her poor little peanut's lunch! OOPS!


My poor baby had to resort to begging. . .


Nice. Just add my application for "Mommy of the Year" please!


Luckily, the resouceful (and subtle) people that they are, Hannah's grandparents made this spiffy panhandling sign in hopes of scoring the poor baby some nourishment. . .(I think they should have included a disclaimer that no funds donated would go towards fueling her cheesie and ice cream addiction, but who am I to criticize? I am the one who forgot to pack her lunch and essentially sent her out onto the street in the first place!)


Fear not, granny's pantry is stocked full of baby food, Cheerios, cheesies, baby meals and goodies of all kinds for Hannah. She was not REALLY going to go hungry despite my neglect! But it sure was funny to come home to this sign hanging around Hannah's neck though. She threw a fit whenI tried to take it off, too!!! Yikes! Perhaps we should rethink the 529 college savings plan we're setting up for her, and just start saving cardboard boxes for her to make signs instead :p I hear those guys standing by the highway make more than $25/hour! Not bad!



**In case you have trouble reading the sign, it says:

NEED

Money For

Lunch

Homeless!!

My Mommy

doesn't give

me lunch

No comments: