Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Red Sox vs. Yankees--highlight of the game? ICE CREAM!

On Friday the 25th, we took Hannah to her 1st Red Sox game! We dressed her in her best gear including a pink Sox onesie, a Red Sox hat, Red Sox shoes, and jean capris. She looked adorable :) She was so excited about the event that she fell asleep on the way to our seats and slept through the 1st three innings. When she awoke, she enjoyed the rest of the evening playing with water bottles, eating ice cream, and tasting a Fenway Frank. Well, she ate a few bites of the bun after getting too excited and dropping the bite of frank on the ground. She assured us the 2 second rule applies to the floor at Fenway, but we all disagreed. Poor kid. Never gets to have any fun! Hannah also successfully begged the Yankees pitchers for a ball (our seats were right behind the Yankees bull pen)-- sure she was dressed in all Red Sox gear, but I guess Jose Veras figured she was adorable and it certainly wasn't her fault her parents dressed her like that! He gave her a ball :) Perhaps he's hoping to persuade Hannah to change teams and root for the Yankees next year. SURE! One vall versus 364 days of brainwashing by her parents? It's a no brainer. She'll be a Red Sox fan. Sorry Jose! But thanks for the memories (and the ball!) Hannah also enjoyed singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and "Sweet Caroline" I think she thought the crowd was singing to her. At first, she shook her hands and said "NOOOOO!" I think she wanted them to sing quieter. But as the songs went on, she enjoyed them! Afterall, Matt sings "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" to her almost daily, so she knows it well. It was a wonderful evening, and we all look forward to going to another game next year!


In case anyone was wondering, the Red Sox lost 1-0. Oh well. Maybe next year!








Hannah was afraid of this guy. She yelled NO at him and wouldn't go near him. . .I don't blame her. He's freakishly tall! I wonder where he buys his pants???






Snoozing through the first three innings


Cool shoes!





Jose Veras warming up in the bull pen




Playing PEEK-A-BOO with our hats. Another highlight of the game :)








THE highlight of the game. . .ICE CREAM!





Making friends everywhere she goes. . .




We kept making fun of Glenn and the way he wore his hat high atop his head all day. When we left the game, there were a bunch of girls screaming at someone (like they thought someone was sexy) and Glenn lifted his hat, did a little bow, and thanked them! He told us they were hooting and hollering at him and the awesome way he wears his hat. The Jury is still out on that one. . .




VIDEOS:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terra!!! Of COURSE I remember you!!! I'm so happy you found my blog and REALLY thrilled to hear from you!!! :) You totally made my day!

I've just been browsing thru your blog and gosh, Hannah is such a beautiful little girl! I am so so very happy for you! I remember how painful and difficult our lives were when we were trying so hard to have little ones of our own! I'm just thrilled for you :)

I love all your pictures, you guys do some of the coolest things! Your trip to Boston looks liek a blast! Hannah is so cute with her Lobster! I've got to find some of those hats! hehe, I loved all the baseball pics too! So cool!

Thanks so much for your sweet compliments, I'm just so thankful that Brandon is doing so well and beat the odds, these boys really have changed my life in so many ways, I'm so happy! :)

I sure wish we could get together! I'd love to catch up in person and watch our little ones play together! hehe She is So cute!

I'm going to add your blog to my roll if you don't mind! I'd really like to keep in touch! :)

Thanks again for outing yourself LOL Hope you have a great day! Talk to you later! :)